In the past I have often compared the latest magazine releases from MarkUp and GameMakerTech. After Game Maker Magazine issue 3 and MarkUp issue 13 were released in April I was asked by Eyas if I would be making a comparison post. I replied that I would probably not until GameMakerTech released their 12th issue which I believed would be soon.
However it appears that the latest issue of GameMakerTech has been substantially delayed. I believe the original intention was for it to be released before the end of April, but as is so often the case with Game Maker magazines, it wasn’t.
It looks as though we could even see issue 4 of Game Maker Magazine appear first, and if it is I think this is a clear signal that the pairing of MarkUp and GameMakerTech have a real challenger.
I understand many GameMaker users are in or are about to enter exam season but I do wish that we can see at least one magazine release at regular intervals.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs