I came across a preview of the imaginatively titled Monkey Island 5 at the Game Maker Community. The game is being built to demonstrate the AGEGaM (Adventure Game Engine for Game Maker) which was made by its creators.
I was interested in this for two reasons – first because I loved the first two original Monkey Island games and second because about 6 months ago I was wondering why no-one had yet created a decent point and click adventure engine for use with GameMaker. I also thought up with a better name for the one I planned to build but never did – GM PACE (Point And Click Engine).
As you can see, if you’re old enough to remember the original series, the game features sprites ripped from the real Monkey Island games. But instead of using LucasArts’ SCUMM engine the as yet unreleased AGEGaM is trialed. It is a good likeness and this short demonstration features Guybrush, Elaine and Stan.
Incidentally, if you’re interested in helping with the project, the creators are looking for people to make background images for the game.
Look behind you, a three headed monkey!
I’m rubber, you’re glue!
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs