Marc Simpson, YoYo Games’ “in-house programmer and occasional system admin” has this evening, Saturday 27th, sent the second version of the Game Maker 7 mac beta to those enrolled in the closed beta testing programme.
On Sunday 28th Sandy added a message to testers “This is much more stable, though not completely bug free. We REALLY need you to test and provide feedback to the bug testing website. How much you do will determine whether or not we EVER release this version of Game Maker, so PLEASE HELP !… if we think the product is stable we will fix the major bugs and release the Mac version, hopefully by the end of the summer.”
He also added that YoYo Games do not plan to synchronise the Apple and PC Versions of Game Maker currently – this means we could see Game Maker 8 for PC released whilst Game Maker Mac remains version 7.
You can see videos of Game Maker Mac in action in the exclusive look we published last week.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios