Sandy Duncan has revealed that a “GM 8 Beta is not far away….”. The statement was made in a response to a question by Polish student Piotr Gnys on Twitter.
A preliminary list of features for Game Maker 8 was only revealed a couple of days ago so the news may come as a surprise to some.
Then again it all depends on your interpretation of ‘far’. The latest official word on a planned release date is “during or after the summer” given by Mark Overmars in March. Unlike the beta versions of the C++ runner and Game Maker 7 for Mac which were released to a small private group of testers Sandy has said that the Game Maker 8 beta will be public.
If you don’t understand how Twitter works the screenshot above may confuse you. Either way you can still follow Game Maker Blog on Twitter!
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th