Public Game Maker 8 Beta “not far away”

on June 28, 2009 - 3552 Views

Sandy Duncan has revealed that a “GM 8 Beta is not far away….”.   The statement was made in a response to a question by Polish student Piotr Gnys on Twitter.

A preliminary list of features for Game Maker 8 was only revealed a couple of days ago so the news may come as a surprise to some.

sandy-duncan-piotr

Then again it all depends on your interpretation of ‘far’.  The latest official word on a planned release date is “during or after the summer” given by Mark Overmars in March. Unlike the beta versions of the C++ runner and Game Maker 7 for Mac which were released to a small private group of testers Sandy has said that the Game Maker 8 beta will be public.

If you don’t understand how Twitter works the screenshot above may confuse you.  Either way you can still follow Game Maker Blog on Twitter!

11 Responses to Public Game Maker 8 Beta “not far away”

1. […] Sunday we revealed that a beta of Game Maker 8 was “not far away” little did we know just how soon it would […]

2. Mattthew_H says:

Post before me why don’t you James! 😛

3. James Rhodes says:

Seems like “not far away” means a few minutes ago.

4. @gnysek Thanks. I have updated the post to reflect this.

5. @gnysek Yes that is it. I was able to translate it.

6. @gnysek ah 🙂 Not sure how I missed that I was on gmclan the other day reading the interview you did with Sandy in March.

7. Mattthew_H says:

Awesome.

8. gnysek says:

UPDATE: Beta will be Public !!!

9. gnysek says:

You talking about this one: http://gmclan.org/index.php?czytajart=57 ?
    I can send an original english version if anyone want, but it’s a bit old now…

10. gnysek says:

Not just a student, but also a Polish Community Admin ( http://gmclan.org ) 🙂

11. Mattthew_H says:

I’d think that it’d be ready by, November. Around there. The beta, obviously sooner.
    If they release GM8 around Christmas time, which they could happen, they could get a few sales for Christmas.
    Because who doesn’t want a GM8 key for Christmas 😉

But maybe that’s looking into the future to much.
    Either way, I hope a public, or private beta test is SOON – as long as I’m in the group of testers of GM8. 😛