Sandy Duncan has revealed that a “GM 8 Beta is not far away….”. The statement was made in a response to a question by Polish student Piotr Gnys on Twitter.
A preliminary list of features for Game Maker 8 was only revealed a couple of days ago so the news may come as a surprise to some.
Then again it all depends on your interpretation of ‘far’. The latest official word on a planned release date is “during or after the summer” given by Mark Overmars in March. Unlike the beta versions of the C++ runner and Game Maker 7 for Mac which were released to a small private group of testers Sandy has said that the Game Maker 8 beta will be public.
If you don’t understand how Twitter works the screenshot above may confuse you. Either way you can still follow Game Maker Blog on Twitter!
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios