If one more person tells me about Game Maker on PSP…

on July 9, 2009 - 3885 Views

Head Explode:  From Game Maker Blog your daily source of red stencilled cartoons
From Flickr user ruminatrix. Released under a CreativeCommons license.

13 Responses to If one more person tells me about Game Maker on PSP…

1. […] sold which is a large chunk of the handheld gaming world.  In July this year Sandy first mentioned the possibility of Game Maker games running on PSP.  A quote from Sandy also suggests that a PSP port of Game […]

2. hidden object games online says:

I think it’ll be cool too if there’s one such version on psp. Imagine friends sharing own made games simple enough to create even by young kids. Could be a hit though =)

3. Fredrick says:

Are you talking about putting the program Game Maker on a PSP, or just programming a converter with the PSP programming language and then converting a Windows game (such as Game Maker games) to PSP??

4. Chronic says:

Anyone got a decoder ring?

“@matthaigh @GameMakerBlog @gnysek PSP wasn’t meant to be an announcement. Think of emulation under Windows and your nearer the truth.”

5. lawlgamer says:

@Schwiggy
    Nope, haven’t tested it yet, but I will. 8) Thanx for informing me πŸ™‚

( I’ve recently made a comeback into GM scene 8) )

6. Schwiggy says:

Hey did you hear about Game Maker on PSP?

*tense moment as everyone is afraid that Philip’s head will explode*

@lawlgamer
    You do know about Ultimate 3D right? I would try yours when it’s done though πŸ˜›
    (not that it uses OpenGL)

7. lawlgamer says:

Haha, nice!

I don’t like the console market =/ if you want your games on consoles you must either tell your customers to crack their devices or have to go thought a costy and timesome process where the console manufactor tells ya that your game is crap ( well, probably they are using nicer wording, but anyway… )

I don’t remember what the process is named ( every manufactor has their own name… ) but it’s something like “game review”.

And you can’t have the game on your own site ( well, if your customer has a cracked device you can. ), the manufactors has theri own means of distrubution.

One feature I would like to see is a way to create a binary for the JWM, then you don’t have to care about what platform your customers have as long as they have a JWM 8)

—-

Currently I’m writing a DLL for more advanced 3D graphics in GM ( using opengl and pixelshaders )

I just had this problem of the GM 8b editor throw up millions of popups saying access violation trying read memory when i closed an editor win.

Don’t have GM7 pro, I would if I had money πŸ™

—-

mail me @ gmail πŸ™‚

8. Donkey says:

@Philip Gamble
    Hahahaha, yes Rappybas has some humor indeed. πŸ™‚

9. Joerdgs says:

PSP is the only console I’ve yet to touch :/

10. @NakedPaulToast
    That’s pretty much it. When they’re not trying to send us fake screenshots that is.

11. NakedPaulToast says:

Sandy D. Tweeted the following:
    “ZanderDuYoyoHad some good meetings in London and in the evening yesterday….will know on Monday if we’re ready to start Game Maker for PSP :-)”

When Sandy craps, all his minions, who have GameMakerBlog on speed-dial, overwhelm GMB with the ground/wind breaking event.

12. Bugaham says:

Oh, thanks NPT. I don’t have a twitter, so..

I really don’t believe it, but it would be awesome if its true.

13. Bugaham says:

Never heard of that… *googles*

After searching for it on google, I found a few things, but that was long ago..

Do you have any links for us?
    *checks GMC and YoYo*

Yeah, all looks like old news to me.. Any links for us?