Game Maker 8 is on schedule to be released, with Softwrap DRM protection, before Christmas.
Earlier today the second release candidate was taken offline and the bugtracker closed. The YoYo Games website has also recently been updated to fully incorporate the new program logo. The poll asking GMC members whether they would prefer a pre-2010 Softwrap release or a March 2010 release without the troublesome protection, an idea first mentioned by Sandy last week on GameMaker Blog, has also been closed with the majority of voters wanting an early release.
In a conversation between YoYoGames’ Sandy and Piotr Gnys of the Polish GMClan community regarding the results of a locally held poll (which came out in favour of the Softwrap release) Sandy responded with “looks like you will get an early Xmas present then”.
GameMaker Blog believes a release on Monday 21st or Tuesday 22nd is most likely.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!