The PDF opens in an annoyingly secured format and tries to take over my screen but by the time I have scrolled through a couple of pages the design has me on side. The first issue was a bound above the designs normally seen in first issues of Game Maker magazines, though the file size suffered as a result, but the second issue is beautiful. It clearly has had a lot of time spent on it and manages to fit in at under 6MB.
Sadly the textual content was a little short on the ground. The pages are divided between brief spotlights of YoYo Games and community news, some none-GM stuff and a couple of full page ads – one for Adobe!?
Despite the lack of up-to-date reading material I enjoyed this second issue of This is Indie. Hopefully for the next issue Evan will have some contributors to help increase the wordy content.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4