After a four month summer* break Andrew McCluskey, Jack Brockley and myself are back with a fourth episode of the GMTalk Game Maker podcast, recorded Sunday. We were joined for the 54 minute show by Josh Conley and Game Maker decompiler author Zach Reedy.
The main topic covered in the show is the Game Maker 8 decompiler and we also discuss Andrew’s game for iOS and have a very brief look at the sixth YoYo Games competition. Also covered is the spotlight games procedure, what the demise of Realtime Worlds means for YYG, Andrew comes up with some Game Maker ideas and we have a look at the contents of the upcoming Rekame Mag 3 as part of our ever-present magazines feature.
YoYo Games forums
Girls breast sizes! (original post has been modified)
Development version of Mini Madness running on iPod Touch (video)
madnessMADNESSmadness original game
YYG to contact better game makers offering to publish their games on devices
Banov‘s comment on YYG blog post
Banov’s games on YYG
GMB post on the final (entry numbers)
The results are being announced at GDC Online in Texas on October 7th.
*all podcast contributors are in the northern hemisphere!
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers