YoYo Games’ Stuart Poole has announced that a future version of GameMaker will allow creations to be exported to PC, Mac, iOS, Android, PSP Mini and HTML5 formats.
The upcoming version, currently dubbed “GameMaker Studio”, will contain options enabling a single game to simultaneously be exported to files which are runnable across a range of devices.
The current export function can be seen at the end of the below video which shows GameMaker 8.1 in action.
YoYo Games have always maintained that the ability to export games in HTML5, if ever completed, would be released as a product rather than being restricted to users of their publishing services. No comments had been made publicly regarding the release of a self-publishing or white label solution for iPhone, iPad and Android however.
No information on pricing has yet been given and a release is “months^” rather than weeks away according to Russell Kay.
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative