Google has scrapped development of its App Inventor for Android. A rather unexpected development given that Google are getting more involved in social gaming with today’s announcement of Games in Google+. Perhaps a replacement is being lined up?
Scirra last week launched a campaign to get Ogg Vorbis support in Internet Explorer and Safari. The developers of Construct want the browsers to add support for the free to use Ogg Vorbis audio format so that developers have one less compatibility and legal issue to worry about. This is an issue that will effect all HTML5 game creators, regardless of the development environment they use.
Two more GameMaker users have been interviewed at Quote Unquote. Amon26, creator of Au Sable, and Paul Hubans who programmed Madhouse have recently been featured on the blog which profiles indie game developers.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart