After over a month with no new titles published YoYo Games yesterday released a new game on iPhone and Android.
SkyDiver Drop Zone, coded by Andrew McCluskey, is a spin-off from Chad Chisholm’s SkyDiver.
You control the same character as in SkyDiver and the basic premise of the game is that you get thrown out of a plane, must deploy your parachute at the correct moment and attempt to land as close as you can to a target on the ground.
You control your gliding descent by tilting your device with more points being awarded for faster descents and getting close to the bullseye of the landing zone. Activate your parachute too late and you will crash into the ground and splat, ending your run of skydives.
With no powerups or options to customise your game Skydiver Drop Zone is very simple. With each attempt being so similar with just the landing zone moving to a different location I didn’t find this had much re-playability though it is a nicely produced game.
The game is available both in both a free ad supported version as well as a 59 pence ad-free version.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs