Overbyte, the independent games magazine your mother would be ashamed of, has released its third, less silly, issue.
In the main articles Jack Brockley takes a look at eight of the entries in YoYo Games’ fifth competition while Andrew McCluskey delivers some design tips you can use to give your game a more professional appearance.
A huge bundle of reviews are included in this issue: Grid Defender 2, Paper Dreams, Super Space Rogues, the new sport puzzle that’s sweeping the globe – Extreme Gardening, BoxyCraft, Remaddening (aka madnessMADNESSmadness 2) and A Starspangled Zephyr.
There is also a round up of recent news, an interview with Liam Barden containing all the questions you wanted to know (and some trivial ones!) and a comic by Rebecca Clare Smith.
The photo at the end is of NAL’s favourite game maker.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th