Overbyte, the independent games magazine your mother would be ashamed of, has released its third, less silly, issue.
In the main articles Jack Brockley takes a look at eight of the entries in YoYo Games’ fifth competition while Andrew McCluskey delivers some design tips you can use to give your game a more professional appearance.
A huge bundle of reviews are included in this issue: Grid Defender 2, Paper Dreams, Super Space Rogues, the new sport puzzle that’s sweeping the globe – Extreme Gardening, BoxyCraft, Remaddening (aka madnessMADNESSmadness 2) and A Starspangled Zephyr.
There is also a round up of recent news, an interview with Liam Barden containing all the questions you wanted to know (and some trivial ones!) and a comic by Rebecca Clare Smith.
The photo at the end is of NAL’s favourite game maker.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios