Evan McClane has relaunched his Independent Developer Magazine as “This is Indie”. Writing in the June 2010 issue he says “Independent Developer was a far cry from an amazing magazine, and This Is Indie hopes to become what
Independent Developer never was.”
In PDF format (left click only) the download is more than 40MB, so some compression of images is clearly needed, however there is also a considerably smaller ODT copy (left click only). It is clear to see where the large file size comes from with all pages having a graphical background and lots of illustrations are included.
Invert and Xeno Fighters are reviewed, and there is a tutorial on creating a level editor for your game that stores levels in external text files. Also included is a review of the Hobby Press’ Game Maker tips book (which is bizarrely hyperlinked to Evan’s desktop) which gets 1 star.
It’s a good read but the file size definitely needs to be smaller.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios