Mark’s last post?

on June 26, 2008 - 3110 Views

It seems that Mark’s Glog is most likely coming to a close. However, this doesn’t mean you won’t be seeing anymore post from Mark.

“We have decided to merge the general YoYo Games glog and my Game Design glog into a single glog. And we will probably get some more people to contribute such that this new glog will provide a constant stream of interesting items related to YoYo Games, game design, Game Maker and the games scene in general.”

A set date for the merge has not been said yet, however mark said “hopefully soon” so we have to wait and see.

12 Responses to Mark’s last post?

1. Garion says:

Firefox fix bugs for the current edition along with planning for the long term (FF4)

It may be open source, but there are very few people who work on the official release

2. Timoi says:

Firefox can do what?

3. Timoi says:

Nope, it’s run by people that realize that pumping out new versions of Game Maker will not ensure it’s long term success. They took the unpopular route and straight-away they invested in the long-term future (GM for Mac/C++ runner).
    Having the two blogs in one is just more convenient, to at least me. They are updated so irregularly, it can be a pain having to check them both.

4. Robin Monks says:

I have to agree that I don’t like getting alot of junk from a “glog”. I just want to subscribe to it to get real news when it happens, not filler.

5. Timoi says:

I very much doubt that the merging of two blogs (that are only updated twice a month at best) will mean the “shutdown of some community sites”.

I mean, who the hell would ever use the glog as a primary GM site?

6. Garion says:

@ Timoi – Firefox seem to do it, so why can’t GM

7. Phil Gamble says:

I agree with Blijbol and MMs – the two blogs cover completely different topics. It looks as if YoYo just want to turn build up their blog as big as possible, which could result in the shutdown of some community sites.

8. MMs says:

I agree with Blijbol i just want to know about game maker releases or new features..

9. Timoi says:

I think it’s a good idea, it means I can now access the general YYG glog from the GMC.

10. Blijbol says:

If I want to find out when the C++ translation will be done, why would I care about which Wii games Mark plays?

11. Garion says:

I swear that company is run by monkeys

12. Danny says:

Mark did announce it himself.