YoYo Games moderator RedChu has published the first issue of Overbyte which “will try to be a monthly magazine”.
Unlike many other Game Maker magazines Overbyte does not take itself too seriously – a good idea of what to expect comes for the very first page, headed “OHAI”, which states:
“This being our first issue, it means it’s our biggest ever. Inside these virtual pages you will find some of the most intriguing artifacts to surface since another intriguing artifact that surfaced sometime ago,…”
There are some amusing observations starting off with “it’s safe to assume the majority of those games [entered into YYG competition 5] aren’t going to win.”
Content wise there is a short news round-up, a look at the upcoming GameJolt weekend Game Jam, an interview with Ben Smith – creator of the SigmaNine game maker community, 6 game reviews and a few odds-and-ends at the back on the magazine.
I quite like the humorous comments on stories throughout the magazine although I expect this will serve only to annoy some people and the novelty may wear off after a few issues!
The best issue of a Game Maker magazine that has been released for a long time.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios