After several months of community impatience (Game Maker 8 is four months old tomorrow, Firefox 3.6 several months itself), YoYo Games has finally updated their Instant Play engine to work for both. Internet Explorer should have its IP engine for Game Maker 8 up and running tomorrow, as reported by Sandy on the glog. However, some games made in Game Maker 8 may require a reupload to get working with Instant Play (though, as he said, make sure you don’t do this to competition entries or they’ll be disqualified).
Also mentioned is that compatibility for browers Google Chrome and Opera are planned, but may not be for a while due to other priorities within the company.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs