After several months of community impatience (Game Maker 8 is four months old tomorrow, Firefox 3.6 several months itself), YoYo Games has finally updated their Instant Play engine to work for both. Internet Explorer should have its IP engine for Game Maker 8 up and running tomorrow, as reported by Sandy on the glog. However, some games made in Game Maker 8 may require a reupload to get working with Instant Play (though, as he said, make sure you don’t do this to competition entries or they’ll be disqualified).
Also mentioned is that compatibility for browers Google Chrome and Opera are planned, but may not be for a while due to other priorities within the company.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios