What is apparently the “last long issue” of GMIndie (pdf) starts with some excuses for an apparently delayed release and some rather dismissive comments about critics of the magazine.
So I probably shouldn’t point out that some bewilderment may emerge from the Mother’s Day message given that it is celebrated on different dates around the world, nor the repeated paragraph in an article entitled “What makes a good game”. Seriously though the proofreading has certainly improved since issue 8 so perhaps I shouldn’t be too mean towards what initially appears to be a “we don’t care what you think” attitude.
Reviews are included of the “beautifully built 3d racing game” Flying Scrap, Wuka World MMORPG, the Seige Wars castle defence game and Tetrex which is billed as a cross between Tetris and Breakout.
Also present is the second part of a Multiplayer Game tutorial which carries on from the previous issue.
Apparently the magazine will be replaced by a new short weekly publication although no information is given on the scheduled release date or what it will be called.
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative