GMIndie have released the first issue of their new magazine, Game Maker’s Digest. It won’t replace GMIndie Magazine.
The magazine, which is 40 pages long, features a wide variety of content starting with Game Maker news which refreshingly hasn’t just been copied and pasted from elsewhere. Next up is an interview with Ablach Blackrat which is followed by a “Reports” section providing a current status update for the Game Maker Community Game, Game Maker and YoYo Games.
YoYo Games’ competition 5 entries Ninja Penguin and Zoo Escape 3D are put head to head and a large number of games are showcased at the back of the magazine. The “Articles” section contains a strange quote from a Game Maker user regarding Game Maker for PSP (even stranger given GMIndie that had an exclusive insight into it!) and a look at the amusing nakedgm website which Brian attributes to Overbyte.
Also included are a fonts tutorial, a chat-bot conversation Brian had and a puzzle page.
To gain access to the magazine you are required to register at a special forum. Apparently I am not allowed to post the link here.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs