Andrew McCluskey starts his Rekame Mag (Game Maker spelt-backwards) with a good summary of publications past and present and outlines his plans for a “fun” magazine rather than one that will stick to a stringent release schedule.
Once you make it past the red on blue cover the content consists of four game reviews, an interview with former Overbyte editor Greyson Wright in which he reveals that he is working on the return of Overbyte in website form, articles on originality, keeping games child-safe and some moderation advice.
NAL also includes another Game Maker cryptic crossword, this one featuring the names/team names/aliases of Game Maker developers and a re-wording of Ozzy Osbourne’s Hellraiser lyrics.
A couple of things didn’t read quite right in the opening article but other than that it was thoroughly enjoyable.
Download 4.6MB (left click only)
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart