In an article on the Scottish Development International website relating to the Scottish Governments grant to YoYo Games more details are revealed about YoYo Games’ future plans.
If the details of YoYo’s publishing process didn’t already seem ambitious enough there are plans to increase staff levels to 50 with a turnover of £18,000,000 (~â‚¬20M, ~$29M USD) in 2012.
“YoYo Games moved to Dundee thanks to support from Scottish Development International and a Regional Selective Assistance grant of £220,000 to support the creation of 24 new jobs – a number which Sandy Duncan intends to see rising to 50 by the end of next year…”
“…Two percent of the thousands of games uploaded to the ‘Game Maker ‘site are considered to be financially viable, and go on to be professionally finished by YoYo’s publishing team.
Most of the publishable games cost only £2000 to produce – just a fraction of the minimum £25,000 which most design studios would spend on a game. This makes the company’s financial model ‘unique and financially disruptive’.
“We want to publish more games than anyone else,” said Duncan of YoYo’s rapid expansion. “By 2012 we hope to have published more than 500 games – all at a low cost.”
“YoYo Games fast facts
- 95,000 games appear on the website to date
- 100 new games are uploaded every day
- Two percent of the uploaded games are considered to be ‘financially viable’
- £18 million – the company’s projected turnover in 2012″
– YoYo Games joins Dundee’s vibrant games industry
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys