The file format used by YoYo Games to store the data of Game Maker games on iOS devices has been cracked by two Game Maker users.
Game Maker games published by YoYo Games to iPhone and iPad consist of two parts – a .ios file containing game information and a generic runner. The YoYo Games specific .ios file format stores data such as game sprites, objects, scripts and room designs in a similar way to .gmk files on PC. The runner interprets GML and Game Maker’s drag and drop commands into objective-c instructions which are then executed on the iOS device to run the game.
The cracking of YoYo’s .ios format means that the resources used in Game Maker to create iOS games can be manually extracted from released titles and makes it likely that a Game Maker iOS decompiler will be released soon.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart