UPDATE: GameMaker Blog is alive and well but under new ownership, read more here. I’m leaving this post up as it was Matthew’s last post and explains why the blog was inactive for 18 months.
Unfortunately, GameMaker Blog will be ceasing publication for the foreseeable future. I’m no longer able to maintain the website in addition to my real life and work obligations. Since GameMaker is a niche topic, it is extremely difficult to find writers who are knowledgeable about the extensive history of the software and who are able to maintain the level of consistency and quality that the community deserves. Even if this wasn’t the case, the task of managing, maintaining, and updating GameMaker Blog is not one I could confidently hand over to any person I know.
With the recent multimillion-dollar acquisition of YoYo Games by Playtech this decision comes at the end of an era for GameMaker users. It is a fitting end for GameMaker Blog, too.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios