A decompiler has been released which can convert games published by YoYo Games on iOS to editable GMK files.
The authors of the Game Maker iOS decompiler are Zach Reedy, who has already created a Game Maker 8 decompiler, and Brad Triebwasser.
The release of this decompiler makes it increasingly likely that a successful attempt will be made to reverse the process. This could mean it will soon be possible to convert a .gmk file to YoYo’s .ios format where it can be bundled with YoYo Games’ iOS runner, thus enabling user creations to be playable on iDevices.
I am currently aware of two separate parties who are attempting to create their own compiler to enable Game Maker games to run on iOS.
How to use:
- Download one of YoYo Games’ apps from the iTunes store (Solitaire is free as is Teka Teki Lite)
- Download the decompiler
- Locate the downloaded game on your computer by right clicking on it within iTunes and selecting “Show in Windows Explorer”
- Open the decompiler and enter the location of the .ipa file and the desired .gmk output file
- Import the GML iOS Library into the game
- Run the game
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart