Michael Mercado has released an early version of an open source alternative to the built in Game Maker room editor, GMare.
Written in C# the editor features a zoom, tile fill and many other tile features.
Admittedly this would have been much more useful if it was released months or even years back, given that internal testing of the improved room editor to be present in Game Maker 8.1 has already begun, but it is an improvement over what is currently available in Game Maker 8.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios