Game Maker creation Desktop Dungeons has been awarded the Excellence in Design prize at the Independent Games Festival awards at Game Developers Conference.
The game beat Faraway, Minecraft, Nidhogg and Super Crate Box to pick up a cheque for $2,500.
On collecting the award the South African creators QCF Design said they had not written a winning speech because they had seen that they were up against Minecraft.
The game was also nominated for the Seumas McNally Grand Prize however this honour went to Minecraft.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th