Game Maker creation Desktop Dungeons has been awarded the Excellence in Design prize at the Independent Games Festival awards at Game Developers Conference.
The game beat Faraway, Minecraft, Nidhogg and Super Crate Box to pick up a cheque for $2,500.
On collecting the award the South African creators QCF Design said they had not written a winning speech because they had seen that they were up against Minecraft.
The game was also nominated for the Seumas McNally Grand Prize however this honour went to Minecraft.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios