Game Maker creation Desktop Dungeons has been awarded the Excellence in Design prize at the Independent Games Festival awards at Game Developers Conference.
The game beat Faraway, Minecraft, Nidhogg and Super Crate Box to pick up a cheque for $2,500.
On collecting the award the South African creators QCF Design said they had not written a winning speech because they had seen that they were up against Minecraft.
The game was also nominated for the Seumas McNally Grand Prize however this honour went to Minecraft.
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative