For the majority of 2011 we have had no producing GameMaker magazines until the recent launch of indie(Function). However, Game Maker’s Digest will apparently be “returning this summer” according to a very short email sent to forum members last night.
Game Maker’s Digest produced 8 weekly issues around this time last year and is run by George Ortiz who has gone by names including the Raven and Frederick Watson but currently uses the alias Brian Fetcher.
Originally Game Maker’s Digest magazine was to be produced by GMIndie alongside their “GMIndie magazine” but the latter did not release any further issues. GMIndie then disbanded but its news blog lived on and was taken over by Bret Hudson who now runs indie(Function).
Digest started using a bizarre subscription-only system whereby issues could only be downloaded by registered users at their forum but this unsurprisingly proved unpopular and was soon scrapped.
As well as the relaunched magazine there will also be this year’s version of the the poorly conceived Game Maker Survey 2010. With 10 months of zero activity from the “GMDigest” and “Brian_Fetcher” twitter accounts hopefully some of this time has been spent ensuring the survey is better designed so the results are meaningful.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart