Despite receiving around 25% of the nominations YoYo have failed to reach the final 10 nominations for Mashable’s Open Web Awards, disqualified because the nominations “came from the exact IP address several times.” YoYo’s James Peddie doesn’t seem to be too pleased, and if I were him I wouldn’t be either.
In my opinion these awards will always attract the most nominations for bigger sites and those which have a strong community spirit rather than the best sites. YoYo for example asked the community to vote for them and many did , hence their large number of votes in the closing few days of the competition. There seems to be a “vote for us because you don’t know about anyone else” attitude when ideally in a fair awards programme people would take time to check out all the sites on offer.
I expect in a few days YoYo will ask for your vote in something else…, but not at Mashable.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios