One of the more popular GMC staff members, Smarty has decided to get demoted to “member” status.
This was posted and pinned by KC LC at the GMC. Here is the topic. Smarty was a great administrator and he knew alot about what was going on. As KC states in the post: “all the staff turned to Smarty for advice about rule interpretation, moderating decisions, and guidance about their general behavior”.
The post does not have much information about why he decided to do so but states that Smarty indented it to be more hidden but KC LC thought it was necessary to share this information with the GMC.
However, it was the “Gmbed” topic where Smarty posted, stating why he was leaving. It seems like Smarty has resigned all because of the frustration with the members and their “self-overestimating egos” and “copy-cat mentality”. But why would and Administrator quit because of one topic? Why didnt he just close it and move on? There could possibly be more to the story.
This story was first reported here at GameMaker Blog on April 1st, where we said it was unlikely to be an April Fools prank.
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs