James Rhodes of GM-Resources.com has created a map on which GMC forum members can indicate their geographic location.
You may like to add yourself or see what other users are from your neck of the woods, although the service has only just started so very few members are currently plotted.
Game Maker does have a global reach but the GMC, as you would expect, appears to be most popular in predominately English speaking countries and in the Netherlands where the software originated. I am pleased to see that James Rhodes has taken on board many of my suggestions regarding his idea. Details of non-English Game Maker Community alternatives can be found here.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios