Game Maker creator Mark Overmars has revealed some details about the next version of Game Maker, Game Maker 8, which he has stated is planned be be released “during or after the summer”. Details emerged in a post about a search for a (paid) graphics creator to produce suitable free-to-use sprites for distribution with Game Maker 8.
“In the next version 8.0 of Game Maker an important new feature is the full support for PNG images with alpha (transparency) information. This will involve an improved image editor, sprite editor, room editor and new options in the background and sprite property forms (for example related to collision checking). This will make it possible to create much better looking games.”
– Mark Overmars, YoYo Games.com
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios