Game Maker creator Mark Overmars has revealed some details about the next version of Game Maker, Game Maker 8, which he has stated is planned be be released “during or after the summer”. Details emerged in a post about a search for a (paid) graphics creator to produce suitable free-to-use sprites for distribution with Game Maker 8.
“In the next version 8.0 of Game Maker an important new feature is the full support for PNG images with alpha (transparency) information. This will involve an improved image editor, sprite editor, room editor and new options in the background and sprite property forms (for example related to collision checking). This will make it possible to create much better looking games.”
– Mark Overmars, YoYo Games.com
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart