Game Maker creator Mark Overmars has revealed some details about the next version of Game Maker, Game Maker 8, which he has stated is planned be be released “during or after the summer”. Details emerged in a post about a search for a (paid) graphics creator to produce suitable free-to-use sprites for distribution with Game Maker 8.
“In the next version 8.0 of Game Maker an important new feature is the full support for PNG images with alpha (transparency) information. This will involve an improved image editor, sprite editor, room editor and new options in the background and sprite property forms (for example related to collision checking). This will make it possible to create much better looking games.”
– Mark Overmars, YoYo Games.com
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys