Day care centre closure

on September 19, 2009 - 5391 Views

The free-for-all which is the YoYo Games forums, not to be confused with the often useful official Game Maker Community (GMC), has been temporarily taken offline.

A message in the form of an irritating scrolling marquee in late-nineties fashion on the YoYo Games homepage provides the following explanation:

Anyone looking for the YoYo Games Forums…..we’ve taken them down temporarily as we’re trying to understand some recent reliability issues with the website….please bear with us, they will be back soon ……!

Long periods of downtime at YoYo Games have become more regular in recent months with at least one instance of an unexplained period of more than 24-hours without service.

How will Game Maker users and game players now be able to vent their opinions on issues such gay marriage and display extremely large irritating graphical signatures?

11 Responses to Day care centre closure

1. NessXX says:

Well, the yoyogames forum sucks anyways. *going to gamejolt’s forum*

2. F1ak3r says:

Maybe the spirit of the Internet is trying to tell them something.

3. Frederick says:

@Timoi
    Aw man, that would have been a disaster!

When I first saw this article (well.. the title and all) I was thinking “huh? that’s not game maker related”.. then I took a look inside. And boy was a surprised! Btw, this title does fit YYG forums well XD

4. Timoi says:

I’m just glad the proposed merger of the YYG Forum and the GMC never happened.

5. Giorgio says:

I agree with NessXX and, Timoi, thanks god, I’m glad for that too.

It’s hard to turn a “rubbish” into something valuable so, in the other hand, let’s YYGF to live and keep the trash there and not be mixed with other communities.

6. NakedPaulToast says:

“I’m a member of YYG. So I don’t dislike them entirely. There have been some problems at GMC though (for example: Admin power abuse, and an occasional moderator power abuse). but still, in the long run, GMC is WAY better than YYG forums.”

I was pretty sure by the content of your posts that you’re pretty young, now I’m convinced you are.

Given you are claiming that there has been Admin and Mod abuse of power, you should be able to list exactly and fairly specifically the nature of those abuses.

I’m thinking it’s more along the lines of “WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH”, they deleted me post. That’s abuse of power. WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH”

7. Gamma6 says:

I find that moderators are very anal at the GMC. For example, a slight issue with your topic (that can easily be fixed with an edit) and they have to close it. Or if you have a slightly large avatar, before you can resize it they delete all the code in it and leave a very rude message for all to see. They are patronizing.

8. Gamma6 says:

@Gamma6
    Sorry, I wrote avatar but I meant sig.

9. NakedPaulToast says:

“For example, a slight issue with your topic (that can easily be fixed with an edit) and they have to close it.”

Bull. But you should have no trouble showing all the closed posts, that just needed a slight edit.

“Or if you have a slightly large avatar, before you can resize it they delete all the code in it and leave a very rude message for all to see.”

Translation:
    Or if you’re too stupid to figure out how to make a sig the proper size you should be allowed to use it.

10. […] to be seen if these problems relate to a vulnerability in mantis or if they are connected to the recent suspension of the YoYo Games forums. Leave a comment | Trackback No comments […]

11. […] news for those who want to discuss the morality of same-sex marriage – the recently closed YoYo Games forums are to return! “As soon as the server is ready (Hopefully by the weekend) […]