In the year to October 31st 2008 YoYo Games Ltd, who own the exclusive rights to distribute and exploit the Game Maker software, made a loss of over £180,000 (~$285,000 USD).
In the previous year to October 31st 2007 a loss of £240,000 (~$380,000 USD) was filed in the company accounts signed off by CEO Sandy Duncan.
The figures, listed at Companies House, put numbers to a comment made by Sandy about YoYo’s profitability (or current lack of it) five months back.
See also: YoYo Games ownership
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart