In the year to October 31st 2008 YoYo Games Ltd, who own the exclusive rights to distribute and exploit the Game Maker software, made a loss of over £180,000 (~$285,000 USD).
In the previous year to October 31st 2007 a loss of £240,000 (~$380,000 USD) was filed in the company accounts signed off by CEO Sandy Duncan.
The figures, listed at Companies House, put numbers to a comment made by Sandy about YoYo’s profitability (or current lack of it) five months back.
See also: YoYo Games ownership
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios