In the year to October 31st 2008 YoYo Games Ltd, who own the exclusive rights to distribute and exploit the Game Maker software, made a loss of over £180,000 (~$285,000 USD).
In the previous year to October 31st 2007 a loss of £240,000 (~$380,000 USD) was filed in the company accounts signed off by CEO Sandy Duncan.
The figures, listed at Companies House, put numbers to a comment made by Sandy about YoYo’s profitability (or current lack of it) five months back.
See also: YoYo Games ownership
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!