7 Things to do while the GMC is down
October 3, 2009
Shock horror the end of Civilization is nigh!
Yes the Game Maker Community has gone back to the old days of IPS Driver errors. Instead of being a temporary problem that users would occasionally have the misfortune to experience the site is currently rendered useless with topics unviewable.
Should you be unable to part yourself from the world of Game Maker (how have you managed the past 12 hours?) here are some Game Maker related things to fill your time.
- Play Jack Brockley’s SubAttack mini game (2.8 MB .zip) complete with an online highscore table. Beat me.
- Missed Game Maker Tech’s September issue? It has some amazing ArcMagi screenshots and there won’t be another issue out in the near future.
- Just getting started with Game Maker? How about a nice book to introduce you from the very first steps through to GML.
- A more advanced user? Download some cool Game Maker DLLs to extend your project.
- Design a logo for YoYo Games to use to promote Game Maker 8.
- If you are a Dutch highschool student take a look at the â‚¬10,000 Creative Games Challenge.
- But please please whatever you do – don’t tell me the GMC isn’t working. I have realised. Really.
Post your favourite Game Maker mini games and time-fillers below.
Image credit: Fire Wall by Flickr.com user cnynfreelancer released under a CreativeCommons license.
23 Replies to “7 Things to do while the GMC is down”
Yes I think we’ve got enough now.
Phil, I think you’ve discovered a way to get ideas for things.
Another idea. Browse google’s archive of cached pagina’s from yoyogames like this onde: http://188.8.131.52/search?q=cache:UoPNXT0V4MgJ:gmc.yoyogames.com/lofiversion/index.php/t312148.html+draw+text+shadow+game+maker&cd=1&hl=nl&ct=clnk&gl=be&client=firefox-a 🙂
yeah, of course. Secure your card from your mummie first XD
Or crawl into a small corner in a big room and shoot your self?
Or play console games. On the PS3.
Wondered how long it would be until someone said that 😛
For next time:
* Work on one of your games.
* Join another Internet community.
* Go outside.
Or play poker.
It should be fixed now. See this post: http://gmc.yoyogames.com/index.php?showtopic=449398
GMC isn’t working.
And I beat your score.
And I won the contest banner.
And I’m lying.
And I’m sad.
AVG Says “vex.exe” is a virus.
Bored? i play jumper two 🙂
I’ve notified him via Twitter, not sure whether he’s been on there lately, though…
Haha, I forgot about those! They were quite annoying…
Is Sandy aware that the GMC isn’t working again?
Thanks for suggesting my game, Phil. No one will ever beat my ridiculously gargantuan score. 😛
How about watch the last episode of GMVision?
Before your time at the GMC maybe.
You could have suggested for people to check out RoketGames ^_^
I just tweeted to him. (I thought I already had)
Ah… the old days of IPS Driver errors. Oh how I hated the text box filled with MySQL errors.
maybe add watch GMVision or GMTV? 😛
Was trying not to turn the list into GMB’s archive 😛
Nice post Phil, but I don’t remember having IPS driver errors before. It was that too many people logged on and the server was overloaded.