GMIndie have released the sixth issue (1.72MB pdf) of their Game Maker magazine and have announced that they are switching from a weekly to a fortnightly release schedule “if we don’t decide to discontinue the magazine”.
The introduction section of the magazine also reveals that the publication is apparently editorless yet this is the best issue so far.
NAL is the interviewee in a segment which has much improved from the previous release. He provides information on the games development projects he is currently working on and passes on some game making advice.
Although designer Matt Haigh left the magazine after just one issue the improved two-column layout has been retained and aside from some mysterious background image selections this release is very well presented.
Finally I believe I can look forward to the next issue without expecting to find something wrong. The reviews could be a little longer – I wouldn’t mind if less games were featured – but overall a very well done issue.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4