Rarely are Game Maker magazines given names of the quality that Evan McClane chose to christen his twice a year publication with.
The launch issue of what appears to be the Game Maker magazine with the least regular release schedule contains brief game reviews and short articles on Game Maker news topics. Also present are featured resources such as graphics and game engines and a coding tip.
There isn’t a great deal of textual content but the non-complicated design doesn’t feel like it is lacking anything. There is however a wordsearch.
The pages appear to be made up of images rather than containing actual text which is a minor irritant and I suspect might cause scrolling lag problems for people reading the file on older machines.
A good start but I’m not really a fan of the 6 month wait to read more and I would hope for more content with half a year of writing time.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!