GMC moderator Takagi posted yesterday explaining that the Game Maker Community Game, until-now focused on a game named Eve, will begin to take a different route. Instead of a planned large RPG the team will downsize the project to something a little less ambitious. The details are still being worked out but the the team has decided that Eve will be completely dropped and a brand new (smaller) project will begin.
Along with the new game being planned, several GMCG leaders have stepped down. The following leaders have resigned from their positions:
- Rusky, Programming Leader
- Opacus, Graphics Leader
- monocledsardine, Sound Leader
The GMCG has been criticized from the very beginning and disagreements, collaboration issues and other problems seem to have finally surfaced. With over a years worth of work thrown away people may think twice about contributing to a new project that may end up being trashed as well. The lack of replies on the announcement from Takagi could indicate that people have already lost interest in the project.
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys