GMC moderator Takagi posted yesterday explaining that the Game Maker Community Game, until-now focused on a game named Eve, will begin to take a different route. Instead of a planned large RPG the team will downsize the project to something a little less ambitious. The details are still being worked out but the the team has decided that Eve will be completely dropped and a brand new (smaller) project will begin.
Along with the new game being planned, several GMCG leaders have stepped down. The following leaders have resigned from their positions:
- Rusky, Programming Leader
- Opacus, Graphics Leader
- monocledsardine, Sound Leader
The GMCG has been criticized from the very beginning and disagreements, collaboration issues and other problems seem to have finally surfaced. With over a years worth of work thrown away people may think twice about contributing to a new project that may end up being trashed as well. The lack of replies on the announcement from Takagi could indicate that people have already lost interest in the project.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios