Zach Kehs (SunnyKatt) has released a fast-paced trailer his “procedurally generated” Game Maker game Koya Rift.
Koya Rift is an action-packed platform shooter that is built around circular gameplay; which emphasizes heavy replayability by feeding the player a stream of short term goals that don’t end. In Koya Rift, the player must enter a hostile planet and destroy an alien race so the planet can be colonized. Each round, the player is dropped off at the surface and must venture into procedurally generated caves, earning upgrades and buying units as he goes along. The difficulty adjusts precisely to the skill of the player over time, providing them with a consistent challenge. – Zach Kehs.
The game is not planned to be published through YoYo Games and should sell for “no more than $15 in Q1 2011”.
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative