Zach Kehs (SunnyKatt) has released a fast-paced trailer his “procedurally generated” Game Maker game Koya Rift.
Koya Rift is an action-packed platform shooter that is built around circular gameplay; which emphasizes heavy replayability by feeding the player a stream of short term goals that don’t end. In Koya Rift, the player must enter a hostile planet and destroy an alien race so the planet can be colonized. Each round, the player is dropped off at the surface and must venture into procedurally generated caves, earning upgrades and buying units as he goes along. The difficulty adjusts precisely to the skill of the player over time, providing them with a consistent challenge. – Zach Kehs.
The game is not planned to be published through YoYo Games and should sell for “no more than $15 in Q1 2011”.
- [GameMaker Tutorial] How to setup a simple slot machine reward system
- [GameMaker Tutorial] Drawing custom health bars with sprite parts
- GameMaker Studio 2 Annouces official Mac version in newly released 2.1 milestone
- GameMaker Studio 2 adding C# region type syntax code folding soon
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th