Packt Publishing have announced one of their future titles as Uriel Griffin’s Game Maker 8 Cookbook.
The book will feature a number of “recipes” providing step by step instructions and additional information on how to implement various desired game effects. The book will cover a wide range of GameMaker’s feature set including basic drag and drop movement, sprite and sound effects and data structures and particles.
The first draft of Game Maker 8 Cookbook, which will sell for £20 ($32), is now complete and the publishing date has been listed as June 2011. The cover (shown right) contains a scene from Jesse Venbrux’s They Need to be Fed which is available on PC, iOS and Android.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios