Packt Publishing have announced one of their future titles as Uriel Griffin’s Game Maker 8 Cookbook.
The book will feature a number of “recipes” providing step by step instructions and additional information on how to implement various desired game effects. The book will cover a wide range of GameMaker’s feature set including basic drag and drop movement, sprite and sound effects and data structures and particles.
The first draft of Game Maker 8 Cookbook, which will sell for £20 ($32), is now complete and the publishing date has been listed as June 2011. The cover (shown right) contains a scene from Jesse Venbrux’s They Need to be Fed which is available on PC, iOS and Android.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4