Dustforce, a platform game featuring an “acrobatic janitor” who must sweep up leaves, has recently become available on Steam for PC. Indie Game Mag have reported that Mac and Linux versions of the title are on the way and will be published in the near future.
Dustforce began life as a GameMaker creation by Woodley Nye and Lexie Dostal which was entered into, and subsequently won, the indiePub games’ third game making contest.
With the original game now dubbed a ‘prototype’ the creators abandoned GameMaker in favour of rewriting the game from scratch in C++ ahead of its commercial release. The new version has already received an honourable mention in the Excellence In Visual Art category of the Independent Games Festival competition.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4