Dustforce, a platform game featuring an “acrobatic janitor” who must sweep up leaves, has recently become available on Steam for PC. Indie Game Mag have reported that Mac and Linux versions of the title are on the way and will be published in the near future.
Dustforce began life as a GameMaker creation by Woodley Nye and Lexie Dostal which was entered into, and subsequently won, the indiePub games’ third game making contest.
With the original game now dubbed a ‘prototype’ the creators abandoned GameMaker in favour of rewriting the game from scratch in C++ ahead of its commercial release. The new version has already received an honourable mention in the Excellence In Visual Art category of the Independent Games Festival competition.
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys