Dustforce, a platform game featuring an “acrobatic janitor” who must sweep up leaves, has recently become available on Steam for PC. Indie Game Mag have reported that Mac and Linux versions of the title are on the way and will be published in the near future.
Dustforce began life as a GameMaker creation by Woodley Nye and Lexie Dostal which was entered into, and subsequently won, the indiePub games’ third game making contest.
With the original game now dubbed a ‘prototype’ the creators abandoned GameMaker in favour of rewriting the game from scratch in C++ ahead of its commercial release. The new version has already received an honourable mention in the Excellence In Visual Art category of the Independent Games Festival competition.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios