If, instead of downloading GameMaker games in the traditional sense, you prefer to use YoYo Games’ InstantPlay technology you might be interested to know of a recent change at GMArcade.
GMArcade have updated their “Play Online” feature so that saved games are not wiped each time you restart a game. Describing the feature GMArcade admin homebrewpc wrote “Any files that have the extension .sav or whose filename starts with GMASAVE will be kept on the players computer. This way you don’t have to worry about save data being erased every time a user plays a game”.
A good feature, but I’ll stick to downloading games the ‘old fashioned’ way.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios