It has now been more than a year since Mark Overmars announced that YoYo Games would create an online highscore system ‘pretty soon’.
“We will enhance the highscore mechanism in Game Maker such that scores will be stored on the website and there will be many different lists. We also plan to connect the highscore lists to the games on the site and to your registration name on the site such that your achievements in the different games will become visible (if you want). Don’t ask for a date yet but we hope to provide this pretty soon, possibly even for the existing games.”
– Mark Overmars,
Whilst there has been no sign of progress on this front at YoYo, the Stencyl development team have announced that players will be able to “earn badges and other goodies” as well as making use of “leaderboards and high scores”.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios