The fifteenth issue of MarkUp has today been released. This is the first issue of the game development magazine to be released since mid-July and features a good variety and quantity of content.
Direct pdf links: 3.23MB, 2MB
There are more game reviews than normal with Senseless War, Angels, Mubbly Tower, Seven Minutes, Silent Dawn and D.A.N.C.E all coming under the spotlight. Technical articles include “Repainting the Screen” and “Calculating a Hamming Distance”, and a new feature the MarkUp puzzle poses a coding problem for readers to consider, before revealing and explaining the answer.
There are two game development journals and a “the making of article” looking into the platform game Visit, the fourth-highest rated game from YoYo Games’ Ancient Civilization Competition, as well as all the usual features such as script and extension of the month and interviews with the developers of reviewed games.
I am glad to finally see a new issue from the team at GMKing. Hopefully the wait for the next installment will be much shorter!
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios