For a while now I have been looking to update the theme on GameMaker Blog to give it a fresh look and, more importantly, a better implementation of listing post comments.
So from today we are using a new theme suggested by GMB writer gamez93. The new look gives a wider portion of the page to the main content, and reduces the size of the sidebar.
Comments left on GMB are now displayed next to an avatar belonging to the comment poster. These are Gravatars (globally recognised avatars). To get one next to your comments on GMB (and on thousands of other blogs) you will need to register and upload a picture at gravatar.com.
I would also like to take the opportunity to thank everyone who has contributed to the site over the past year, be it by commenting, blogging or simply reading what others have written. I am especially greatful to tuntis and gamez93 for their contributions.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios