Whilst we haven’t as yet decided on our broad policy of what/if/how you upgrade from GM7 to GM8 I want to start clarifying what we HAVE decided. Anybody who has purchased GM7 after June 1st 2009 will DEFINITELY get a FREE UPGRADE.
Mark and I are meeting in the next couple of weeks to lock down on final features and a timetable for GM8, after which I expect to be able to give you more information.
Meantime anyone buying GM7 NOW will get a free upgrade to GM 8 regardless of the outstanding decisions we still have to make on availability.
Previously anyone who purchased an upgraded, full or “pro” version of the software has automatically been granted free upgrades for all future versions. This however was at the goodwill of Mark Overmars and YoYo Games and was never promised to anybody.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios