There has been a lot of vocal opposition to the use of the Softwrap DRM protection of Game Maker 7. Users have reported that the software would un-register itself, that they had problems installing Game Maker on secondary computers and of problems receiving support almost from day one – over two years ago.
Last month we predicted it would go and today Sandy said “we won’t be using Softwrap for GM8” on Twitter in response to a recently documented explanation of a customer‘s troubles.
There will however “definitely be online activation”. See our look at the changes in the Game Maker 8 beta help file with regards to a 15-day period after which Game Maker will revert to the free version for a registration key to be activated.
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!
- [Giveaway] LetThemCome rewards GameMaker Community with chances to win free steam keys