There has been a lot of vocal opposition to the use of the Softwrap DRM protection of Game Maker 7. Users have reported that the software would un-register itself, that they had problems installing Game Maker on secondary computers and of problems receiving support almost from day one – over two years ago.
Last month we predicted it would go and today Sandy said “we won’t be using Softwrap for GM8” on Twitter in response to a recently documented explanation of a customer‘s troubles.
There will however “definitely be online activation”. See our look at the changes in the Game Maker 8 beta help file with regards to a 15-day period after which Game Maker will revert to the free version for a registration key to be activated.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4