There has been a lot of vocal opposition to the use of the Softwrap DRM protection of Game Maker 7. Users have reported that the software would un-register itself, that they had problems installing Game Maker on secondary computers and of problems receiving support almost from day one – over two years ago.
Last month we predicted it would go and today Sandy said “we won’t be using Softwrap for GM8” on Twitter in response to a recently documented explanation of a customer‘s troubles.
There will however “definitely be online activation”. See our look at the changes in the Game Maker 8 beta help file with regards to a 15-day period after which Game Maker will revert to the free version for a registration key to be activated.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios