We haven’t seen as many magazine launches, or indeed magazine issues at all, this year compared to 2008. Brian Fetcher’s GMIndie left it late in the year to release with their first issue (direct pdf link) coming out yesterday.
The magazine, which claims it will come out weekly, has a strange layout. Two columns is simple enough but the left column of page one leads into the left column on page two rather than the second column on the same page? You will see what I mean if you try to read the magazine.
Contentwise there are a couple of short game reviews, a few paragraphs of news and an interview with Joshua Pedroza. In a typo-ridden article George Ortiz also reveals a commercial game strategy which “is guaranteed to make more money than the money made off of selling the executable game.” I expect he has made millions from it.
The obvious test now is to see whether an improved second issue is released next week.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4