Updated Jan 15th.
A couple of weeks ago we ran an article speculating on the devices which Game Maker games might be able to run on in the future.
Here is a compilation of comments that have since emerged from YoYo Games on some of the possible platforms:
“In 2010 we will begin an aggressive strategy to become the World’s most prolific publisher of Mobile Games, focusing on PSP, iPhone and Android based devices.”
- PlayStation Portable – Under development in Dundee, Scotland. It’s going well.
- iPhone – unlikely [to be able to play the final entries of the competiton on an iphone]. Although it is planned.
- Android – “If we can get it to work on iPhone, then Android will be a quick port …”
- Nintendo DS – “a long way off. Two Screens and low compute power make it a hard job, but we’d love to do it.”
Also on GMB: Will game creators be able to play their Game Maker games on a portable gaming device before the end of the year? Vote in our 2010 Game Maker predictions poll.
- [Post of the Month] End of an Era: GameMaker 1.X Sunset coming at end of July 2018
- [Made In GameMaker] PurpleBit Surfing Cow by Heavy Sheep Games
- [Indie Interview] Heavy Sheep Games with Luiz Gustavo
- [Made in GameMaker] GameDevDan vs Life Launches on Steam
- [Made in GameMaker] Bounce Rescue by Bitecore Studios