HobbyPress have published a short book focusing on the practical side of game creation using Game Maker 8.
“The goal of this book is to provide starters with rich technical information so the best decision and judgment can be exercised when creating games through GM8.
This is not a step-by-step tutorial. This is also not a guide book kind of overview material. We place our focus on the practical side of game creation – practical tips and techniques one will definitely need when starting out a game project. We also tell exactly what can and cannot be done with the GM8 engine, and the kind of performance drawback that can be foreseen when the platform is not fed with the right inputs.”
At $13.95 on Amazon this is probably the cheapest Game Maker focused book available today.
A review of Game Maker 8 Game Creation – Practical Tips & Techniques Vol.1 will be posted within a couple of days.
Other Game Maker books:
- Jacob Habgood and Mark Overmars’ follow up to the successful Game Maker’s Apprentice, titled The Game Maker’s Companion aimed at intermediate level developers is due to be released in April this year.
- In July 2009 Course Technology published Jerry Lee Ford’s book Getting Started with Game Maker: Review. Author Interview.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!