I’ve noticed that in recent weeks the mid-week links have been getting less Game Maker related and more general with regards to indie games/game promotion.
- Cracked have posted a list of 5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying to Get You Addicted. I don’t particularly think these are creepy or rocket-science but the article makes a few good points about virtual game items and rewarding your players to keep their interest in your game.
- Kotaku have presented a ridiculously not-to-scale graph of the different ways gamers use to decide whether to purchase a particular title. This sentence sums it up nicely: “You don’t have to influence everyone – just the ones who influence everyone else”.
- 11 months after their last post GMNews have inexplicably returned with a post about the GMPhysics DLL which, like the site, has not been maintained for a long time.
- GameMakerBlog in Top Ten of Top Gaming Blogs to Follow in 2018
- GameMaker Studio 2 Winter Sale brings warm savings to developers
- [Giveaway] Deios 2 Steam Key Holiday Giveaway
- GameMakerBlog Levels up with new IndieDevHelp initiative
- [Indie Interview] uZombie made in GameMaker!