I’ve noticed that in recent weeks the mid-week links have been getting less Game Maker related and more general with regards to indie games/game promotion.
- Cracked have posted a list of 5 Creepy Ways Video Games Are Trying to Get You Addicted. I don’t particularly think these are creepy or rocket-science but the article makes a few good points about virtual game items and rewarding your players to keep their interest in your game.
- Kotaku have presented a ridiculously not-to-scale graph of the different ways gamers use to decide whether to purchase a particular title. This sentence sums it up nicely: “You don’t have to influence everyone – just the ones who influence everyone else”.
- 11 months after their last post GMNews have inexplicably returned with a post about the GMPhysics DLL which, like the site, has not been maintained for a long time.
- Cook, Serve, Delicious! 2!! firms up release date to September 13th
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart