Game Maker Affiliation, the free service which enables Game Maker related websites to easily exchange banner links with similar sites, has been rewritten in its entirety.
I posted some details regarding my work on the re-write on my personal blog last weekend. A quick summary of changes is below:
- Automatic detection of animated .gif banners which you can block from displaying on your site
- Ability to stop particular banners appearing on your site, or if you prefer you can block all banners belonging to a certain member
- Can now change the background colour of your code blocks
- Able to register and login using Twitter if you don’t currently have a GMA account (I will add the ability to link an existing account to Twitter later)
- Ability to pause a particular banner – stats aren’t lost if you no longer want to use it
- Upload an unlimited number of banners
- Click stats enabling you to view when your ads are clicked and where the browser came from
Since its launch in 2007 Game Maker Affiliation has served over 20,000,000 impressions and has delivered more than 65,000 clicks.
- [Tutorial] HTML5 games and Cross-Site Scripting (XSS)
- Total War: WARHAMMER 2 Pre-Order Free DLC brings Winter to the Old World
- Feedspot puts GameMaker Blog in top 50 Game Development Blogs
- Albion Online: Calls out DDOS Criminals during Server Restart
- HumbleBundle for GameMaker: Studio 1.4